Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Egg on my face

I guess I should have never relied on the House Democratic Campaign Committee to adequetely fund Mike O'Barto's campaign. With the negative onslaught against him and no support to counter, Mike O'Barto never had a chance. The negative attacks were distorted and old news!

That being said, politics ain't bean bags. Mike Reese and the House Republican Campaign Committee had a plan and stuck to it and won. Congratualtions to Mike Reese.

Mike Reese is a pro-life, pro-family conservative and I am certain that along with Tim Krieger's great victory, Mike and Tim will be great represenatives for Westmoreland County.

I am totally at peace with his victory. Mike Reese is my state represenative and he has always treated me quite well despite my support of his opponents. I actually have great admiration for him in the way he has interacted with me.

I will even go to his next fundraiser if I get an invitation (I have yet to ever receive an invitation to a Reese event). If history is a guide, Reese will be our representaive for the next 30 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perry,

The reason why they didn't support Obarto is that he is not truly a democrat, he has very leaning republican views and as you know the state party is left of Obama.