Sunday, May 31, 2009

This morning's Whisper's in the Tribune-Review

I don't get this observation at all. I mean at all! Someone will have to explain it to me.
DO AS I SAY. Some Westmoreland County politicians were smirking at former GOP chairman Perry Christopher's observations about the lack of races for county government offices on his blog, only to be followed on the day after the election with laments on his blog about having to forgo political retirement to work on his wife's campaign this fall.


I have to say some Westmoreland County politicians will smirk at anything. Let me interrupt for a few facts.
  • I love my wife.
  • She is a valuable member of the school board.
  • She is a fantastic mother and a great friend.
  • She is the type of person you want involved in your local government.

In today's society, a husband willing to help his wife achieve her goals by supporting her in any way she needs is nothing to smirk at. I just find that whole thing odd. Besides, they failed to mention how cool the other blog is! Go visit it. In my opinion, rather than smirking, those Westmoreland County politicians should have been saying "that guy must really love his wife" rather than always looking for the negative in things. But, isn't that really what is wrong with our political system? Too much negative energy!

By the way, it was precisely attitudes and comments like this that made me lose my affinity toward politics. I found it became about who could make the snidest remark about someone rather than advancing ideas. Life is too short for that. I will work for candidates that are good people. After my wife's election, Corbett for governor and Tim Krieger for state rep are two things I will certainly be involved in.

No comments: