Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Fawning" over Mike Reese?

From Sunday's whisper column in the Tribune-Review:
Today, county political players are reportedly fawning over Reese, 29, in his bid to succeed outgoing state Rep. Jess Stairs, a Republican from Acme, who is retiring this year.
Maybe I am not a "county political player", but in all honesty I had two candidates that I thought would have been incredible candidates, but the timing just wasn't right. They were elected officials in Hempfield and Unity Townships. I also wanted to give a special shout out to Jess Stairs for his selfishness in not telling anyone that he was not running again. Had I known a year ago about this, I had another incredible candidate for the seat. Jess Stairs did not leave a positive legacy as a state represenative so why should it come as no surprise that his "surprise" retirement made it difficult to field candidates.

Check into how much money is drained from your school district because of the ridiculous cyber school funding debacle that Jess Stairs left us. What a disaster! Hopefully, it will be fixed.

I have to come clean on one thing. When I fervently supported Jess Stairs two years ago, I had no idea how much money he accepted from the Pennsylvania State Education Association. My bad. I looked foolish over that one. Actually, I looked like a political hack on that one. I apologize to all.

No comments: