Saturday, February 28, 2009

What qualifications should a township supervisor have?

Based on someone's anonymous comments, some feel that a township supervisor should really just have experience in road work. I don't agree. For me, qualifications for Unity Township supervisor are:
  1. A quality education (I do mean a bachelor's degree)
  2. A vision for the township
  3. Ability to lead
  4. Ability to problem solve
  5. Ability to analyze

For me, experience in road work is meaningless. The township should already have qualified people in place for this. We don't need to elect someone to be on the road crew. We need to elect someone to have a vision for the future of the township and to effectively put policies in place to get us there.

If you think this way, you have until March 10 to file your petitions. Believe it or not, you only need 10 signatures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How well do you know your Township Supervisors? Do you know how much money that they have received in grants? Do you know if any of them have vision? Are taxes being raised in your municipality? I think you need to specifically ask one the Township Supervisors about the financial stability and future of the township.

Perry Christopher said...

Obviously, I know them pretty well considering that I went out on a limb and endorsed Mike O'Barto for state house.

I am talking about the open seat.

Anonymous said...

If you really want a republican elected as a supervisor you should find a candidate that matches your qualifications as you listed them. Maybe you should run.

Perry Christopher said...

Been there, done that, not going doing it again. Besides, it really doesn't matter what party. I am concerned with the person. It will be interesting to see how many folks are running.

AE said...

I'm also interested. I've heard two or three names floated and I'm hoping that one of them jumps in. Any thoughts anyone on who may/should jump in the race?