Over the past few years, my wife and I must have given over $10000 to GOP candidates. This does not included the amount of money that can drain from your wallet when you are chairman of the party. I guess I should itemize it so I can have them amend their reports. It is a lot.
So now, some on the committee want to kick me off. Here is my problem with that:
- Vast majority of the committee did nothing (Don't believe me, read Carl Duda's current complaint that no one on the committee helps)
- Vast majority of the committee gave no money
- Those who complained the most, helped the least.
- I watched some of the same people who probably will vote to remove me from the committee work actively against Sen. Arlen Specter.
- Every election, we asked prominent democrats to endorse our GOP candidates. Is this what we really think of them when they support a republican? Is it such an evil act to cross party lines? Why would any democrat cross party lines to support a republican if we, as republicans, act in this manner? Seriously. Do we hold democrats who cross party lines in such disdain?
So, I will not resign my position. I am not a quitter. I don't want to present that example to my kids. How silly is it to kick me off the committee when all I have to do is circulate a petition next time around and be back on the committee?